[Coco] Temp drives

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 15:13:40 EST 2005

> Oh, well, my mistake.  My cable only has ONE 'card-edged' connector, and the
> rest the 'pin' connectors.  So, basically, I DON'T have a cable after all.

actually you do... it would be short, but electrically there is no problem
using the one card-edge connector at the controller and then plug the pin
connector into a 3.5" floppy drive.

It is possible to remove the connectors from those cables and recrimp them with
either a vice or channel locks (and some cardboard or popsicle sticks for
protection).

If you really need it, I can make custom floppy cables. I could even include a
switch to allow drive swapping (either drive could be used as D0) which is
great if you have both 5.25" and 3.5" bootable floppies. I could also include
power adapters as needed.

Bob