[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Interfacing question.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Mar 23 17:18:00 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 12:20, j_e_daggett wrote:
>--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Gene Heskett
> <gene.heskett at v...>
>
>wrote:
>> Yes, and about 10% faster with no other changes because it
>> pipelines the next instruction fetch with the last internal cycle.
>>  Running the latest nitros9, its about 2x faster than the original
>> os9.  Saddly the basic in the roms has not been patched, M$ might
>> take a dim view of that.
>
>*********
>
>The HD6309 only pipelines or does an early fetch when in 6309 mode.
>Otherwise it acts cycle for cycle like a MC6809.

I've read otherwise several times in the last decade+.  That was the
one exception to the perfect clone in cmos that was mentioned fairly
often way back then.  OTOH, I've never tried to instrument it to find
out either, so I could well be full of it, buying the 'factory
propaganda' so to speak.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)