[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

Roger Taylor rtaylor at bayou.com
Mon Mar 21 21:37:51 EST 2005

At 03:01 PM 3/21/2005, you wrote:

>On Mar 21, 2005, at 2:57 PM, James Dessart wrote:
>>As long as it's CoCo related, and it adds to the discussion, I'm all for
>>it. But it sometimes strays from there.
>>
>>Also, I don't view this forum as an economic exchange, I view it as a
>>discussion forum. Discussing how we can help someone in need out is great,
>>but every time someone has a spare doodad we don't all need to know about
>>it.
>
>So you're ok with umpteen posts about the Hitchhiker's Guide movie, and
>every other off-topic posts that generates a load of traffic, but can't
>tolerate some swapping?

I think a moderator should have the duty of warning people who have posted
off-topic messages.  A 3-strikes-and-your-out system could definately keep
people from posting crap messages.  Political messages are always bait for
wars and I think those posters should be suspended for a week or two or
something else that makes them remember this is a CoCo list.  There's also
the problem with who decides whether a topic is "off" or "on", considering
the CoCo world is definately dealing with a lot of issues and projects today.

--
Roger Taylor