[Coco] Paying for list resources

David golgotha at toughguy.net
Mon Mar 21 21:34:54 EST 2005

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

>Jim
>
>I kind of wonder if there is not a large capacity on many of the
>Servers now and there is no takers. Yahoo now offers 250 MB mail
>space and only a year ago they were advertising 6 MB.
>
>I just wonder if there has been so much storage built out in these
>servers and there is no takers.
>
>james

I think it's like some of the web space 'resellers' - they oversell
space.. They count on the fact that not everyone will use the full
allocation of space.

For example, Brand X Host may give a quota of 100mb to each of it's 10
users, and yet only have 700mb of actual physical space to be filled.

I feel the large storage amounts thrown around by Google and Yahoo are
extra-ordinary in every sense of the word, because only a mere handful
of users would ever go as far as to fill 1gb or even 250mb of space on
the web with an email account - and if/when the majority do start
pushing the limits, its simple to add more storage space when required.

David