[Coco] Paying for list resources

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Mon Mar 21 16:05:00 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Boisy G.Pitre wrote:

> Again, not taking anything away from Dennis, but this brings up yet
> another thoughtful reason for keeping traffic on bit.listserv.coco.
> It's free, and it's existence both predates this list and will likely
> post date it for some years to come.
>
> Then again, if Google starts charging for access, I'll have to eat my
> words here :)

What if google and the other news servers decide to dump the mailing list?
Or not accept new postings? When we have someone who's a part of the
community hosting the site, we have a certain level of accountability. It
also allows the person a special place in the community that makes them
feel good about themselves. It allows for closer community bond.

James