[Coco] A return to bit.listserv.coco?

Boisy G.Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Mar 21 15:54:47 EST 2005

On Mar 21, 2005, at 2:45 PM, Robert Sherwood wrote:

> At 03:39 PM 3/21/05, you wrote:
>
>> On Mar 21, 2005, at 2:11 PM, Robert Sherwood wrote:
>>
>>> At 01:37 PM 3/21/05, you wrote:
>>>
>>> And now I see just what that activity really is.  Of the 10 messages
>>> listed (from Feb 17 to Mar 18) 7 have all appeared here, 2 are
>>> specific to the newsgroup (ie:  "Is the newsgroup dead?") and I only
>>> see *1* which is unique to the newsgroup.
>>>
>>> I also see some *&$^ scripting tricks which put a little tag
>>> hovering over the page as I scroll down.
>>>
>>> I was actually at Google trying to find the posts myself (without
>>> success) when Boisy gave the link.  Thus disappears another of his
>>> advantages - searchability.
>>
>> What are you talking about?  Searching the newsgroup on Google is
>> part of their service offering.  You can do advanced searches on
>> bit.listserv.coco or any other newsgroup.  I see a big bright text
>> box at the top right corner of the page with a button that says:
>> "Search this group"  and a link called "Avanced Group Search" which
>> lets you search according to date, exact words, phrases, etc.
>
> Yes, but how do you *FIND* the damn group?  Oh, I know, I'm supposed
> to wade through a few trillion newsgroup titles in the hopes that I
> find the one I want.  (Which is also the most legitimate claim against
> using Yahoo Groups or many of the other free list servers out there).

Let's see if I can help you here:

1. Launch your web browser
2. Type: www.google.com
3. Click on the "Groups" link above the text box
4. Type "coco" as the search criteria in the text box
5. bit.listserv.coco appears.

Of course, those who have used the list before know of its existence.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com
Mobile: (337) 781-3997