[Coco] SDCC and other C topics

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 18 14:12:57 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:35:39 -0500 (EST), <KnudsenMJ at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 3/18/05 1:08:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> curtisboyle at sasktel.net writes:
>
>>     Actually, there are two exceptions that one  _could_ use ,PC in the
>> system modules - in the main kernel  (BOOT, REL and OS9P1), and if
>> GRFDRV.
> OK, I think you meant to say you could get away with *not* using ,PC
> there.

    Yep, typing boo-boo...

>> This is because both of these always get mapped exactly the  same (once
>> the
>> MMU registers are set up correctly, of course). I  believe I actually
>> used
>> that in the last version of GRFDRV I  worked on, to save some cycles and
>> space.
>
> Good.  GrfDrv is the first place I'd want to save time and  space.
> --Mike K.
     Actually, I wanted to go further and move grfdrv from it's current
location, to allow an extra 8K contiguous block to use for GRFDRV code
itself. The other option was to use an extra 8K for either Get/put buffer
manipulation, or a higher res screen (say, x225 instead of x199/200). I
was more steering towards having an extra 8K of graphics driver code, so
one could add all kinds of stuff, or even more stuff out of Windint and
into grfdrv to free up more system RAM in Task #0.

--
L. Curtis Boyle