[Coco] ANSI -> K&R Code Conversion

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Thu Mar 17 20:23:36 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:39:01 -0700
Willard Goosey <goosey at virgo.sdc.org> wrote:

> >Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:19:28 -0600
> >From: Mannequin* <mannslists at invigorated.org>
>
> >Okay, I'm prepared to begin to write or "update" a program that will convert
> >program source from ANSI to K&R C.
>
> You might wanna check out "cproto" for the BCC compiler.  I was going
> to look at it, and have never gotten around to it.

Erg. I forgot to look at cproto before deleting the BCC archive... :P

> Hell, BCC supposedly already targets 6809, has anyone really looked at
> it as a CoCo cross compiler?

I've looked through the source... Well, more like glanced through it. I see
references to ANSI C, but I couldn't find much info beyond that. I *think*, if I
remember what I saw correcrly, that it runs the ANSI code through another
filter. This maybe something like an ANSI to K&R || BCC filter. I might parse
through it in more detail when I have more time, maybe over the weekend.

If this does indeed support ANSI C, then two things:

1st: Why the heck did we not pick up on this earlier? ;)
2nd: Why not pick up on this and update it for our needs?

-M.