[Coco] Re: C compiler source code

Albert Stinger albertstinger24 at canada.com
Tue Mar 15 10:24:31 EST 2005

There is a file on RTSI named "ANSI.lzh" and it contains
a file named 'ansi.c' this looks like what your looking for.
This is a description of what the compiled ansi.c file can
do:

==========

This program alters function definitions to convert non-ANSI C code to
ANSI form. The -k and -p flags allow conversion from ANSI to K&R and
generation of prototypes respectively.

There are two *minor* problems:

 In generation of prototypes. If a function has been defined with no
 explicit type it defaults to being int. Strictly the prototype should
 explicitly state this is int, but doesn't.

If a conversion actually occurs (either to or from ANSI) any comments
which were in the definition will be lost.

The only restriction (that I can think of!) on the code being processed
is that a function definition must be the first thing on a line.

i.e. if a comment is placed on the same line as the definition but before
it, the program will think the whole line is a comment.

Albert Stinger