[Coco] Re: Re: C compiler source code

Albert Stinger albertstinger24 at canada.com
Mon Mar 14 15:27:53 EST 2005

I just spent the last couple of days with mess and JC/JV emulator.
I like to give the results I had with these two emulators over the
last couple of days.

The mess emulator seems ok, but I had some issues. Like lots of
disk error messages. I could not make a new boot disk with this
emulator I kept getting error messages of every kind. It didn't
matter if I created the disk from with-in mess or used the wimage
program to create it. I could not get my PS2 mouse to emulate
the Hi-res mouse for OS-9 Level 2 and the Multi-Vue system.
I did get the cursor to follow but my mouse buttons didn't work.
So, I just used the keyboard mouse instead. I wish there was
more documentation for setting and using mess. I wish mess
went faster. I tried to turn off throttle, but it didn't speed things
up much more.

The JC emulator although I could not run it on Windows XP
I did manage to make a msdos partition and I can boot into it
when I re-start my machine. However once I was into msdos
the JC emulator was so much faster and I really liked it. I was
actually getting real work done. I spent hours using Nitros-9
with not one problem. Once you get through booting msdos
this emulator really screams with speed. I wish the real coco
could go this fast. Nice work!

 Albert Stinger

news:3rb42s$mkbu3v at mxip20a.cluster1.charter.net...