[Coco] Re: C compiler on OS-9 HOWTO?

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Fri Mar 11 09:57:10 EST 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Albert Stinger wrote:

> After looking over the "What You Should Know About Your C
> Compiler.txt" found at RTSI archive.  I noticed it needed some
> editing, so here is the edited version: Note* if anyone finds
> additional editing errors please post new version here *

While good, this file doesn't tell me exactly what I wanted to know, but
from other docs on RTSI, I've managed to figure this out:

User calls cc(1|2) on a C source file, which then calls c.prep, c.pass1,
c.pass2, c.opt, c.asm and c.link. There are various versions of each, it
looks like, but how does one define c.asm? Which assembler is it
expecting?

Next up, I've found some libraries throughout RTSI that end in .l. I
imagine you specify them in the -l option to cc(1|2), right?

How would I compile a module with more than one source file? Just include
all the source files on the command line?

Thanks,
James