[Coco] Re: Disk controller summary?

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Wed Mar 9 22:28:12 EST 2005

james,

I have also worked most of my life with Motorola processors and micros.
I also have worked with the AVR and hands down is the choice. If you
can program in assembly on the '09 then the rest are a piece of cake to
adapter to. Cost is a big one. Motorola is $$$$. Atmel's tools are dev
board are GREAT. I haven't used the tools you listed but not sure how
they could compete with Atmel's tool. It is amazing and CHEAP entry.

To me a HC12 is overkill for a floppy translator device.

Boisy and I have already have discussed this project many months ago. We
have rough design in our heads and the chips we would use. This would be
**maybe** a Super expansion project if we were to do it. Anyone else
wants to take this one on....no problem here.

Mark
Cloud-9

Quoting jdaggett at gate.net: