[Coco] Disk controller summary?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Mar 9 22:06:48 EST 2005

James

I am kind of partial to some of the Motorola/Freescale processors.
The HC11/12 in particular. Mainly I worked with them at work for
several years and am intimately familiar with them.

The HC11/12 are plentiful and code snippets from robotic groups
abound the internet. There is even a free IDE with assembler
interface. There is a SBASIC which is free and an IDE for it. There
is free debuggers and all sorts of tools for the HC11/12.

Also did not hurt when I worked for Motorola that I got samples
when I wanted either. All the literature and even a few EVBs that
were lifted from the scrap pile from completed or dead projects.

The HC12 is a real nice processor. Not as fully functional as some
of the AVRs, but if you are good at assembly for the 6809, then the
HC12 assembly is a snap to learn. There is a great deal of similarity
in the instruction set.

james