[Coco] Temporary alternative

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Sun Mar 6 20:32:56 EST 2005

coco at five.pairlist.net

*Just for now*, until the regular address (as shown in the reply box) is
fixed and you hear from me.

Here's what happened: Pair did a minor upgrade to all their lists
(thousands of 'em), and pointed the redirect from the list name to the list
name's server *instead* of one of their seven dedicated list servers.

So the correct route has mail to "coco at maltedmedia.com" be internally
redirected to "coco at five.pairlist.net" and then distributed with the
"coco at maltedmedia.com" return address. All nicely transparent. You never
see pairlist unless you use the archives.

During the upgrade this afternoon, they screwed up the redirections. Ours
was redirected from "coco at maltedmedia.com" to "coco at five.maltedmedia.com"
... which doesn't exist.

One of those little details that, when propagated to thousands of lists, is
one heckuva headache.

They make very few mistakes, and I've been with them since 1997. So I have
patience.

Dennis