[Coco] Can I Transfer Old CoCo Data Files??

tim lindner tlindner at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 5 22:18:35 EST 2005

Thea Hardy <thea at pathworks.net> wrote:

> Is there some way I can transfer my data files from the CoCo floppies?
> Will my CoCo Floppy drive work with a PC?
> Do I need to have saved files in a specific format or did most save as
> ASCII anyway? (Obviously not the MIDI)

As a fellow Mac user I recomend the DriveWire package from Cloud-9. If
you have a Mac with a serial port (or even a USB based serial port for
thoes Macs without a native serial port). It works really well with Disk
Extended Color BASIC even better with OS-9. It take me about 30 seconds
to copy an entire disk from my CoCo to my Mac.

> I also want a good home for my CoCos, even for parts, if anyone is
> still using and enjoying them.

Well if you within driving distance of the SF Bay Area, I'd be glad help
you out! :)

--
tim lindner
tlindner at ix.netcom.com                                            Bright