[Coco] CLOAD without ?IO ERROR

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Wed Mar 2 15:38:39 EST 2005

Rumor has it that KnudsenMJ at aol.com may have mentioned these words:
>In my earliest Coco days I had a short TapeDir program, probably typed in
>from The Rainbow, that would run thru a cassette and print onscreen the
>name of
>each file it encountered.  Very handy for finding the most recent Dungeons
>of Daggorath save, whose name you had forgotten.

Other than clearing the screen with every new file found, wouldn't SKIPF
"ZZZZZZZZ.BAS" work? Granted, you'd have to jot down the filenames by hand,
but it's not like they'd go by quickly... ;-)

Admittedly, once I got my floppy drive, I ditched my tape player and never
looked back (well, until I got my Tandy 200... ;-) )

>And another program for reading in error-buggy files.
>
>The irony was that all these programs did was call ROM BASIC  routines.
>Tandy had all the parts for a really decent tape file system in  the ROM,
>but gave
>us a very limited "official" interface to them, that couldn't  show
>filenames, tolerate errors, etc.

That's true with a *lot* of the routines in ROM, tho, eh? ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????