[Coco] Pros and Cons

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Mar 21 12:31:40 EST 2005

Extending the discussion here, I've listed some pros and cons for both:

Pros to bit.listserv.coco:
(1) Flexibility: Web accessible and E-Mail accessible (does the email
gateway still work?)
(2) Tied to Google, the largest search engine in use.
(3) Anyone looking for CoCo related discussions on the Internet can
easily find it.
(4) Google logs all posts for archival.

Cons to bit.listserv.coco:
(1) Susceptible to SPAM (is this still the case?)

Pros to maltedmedia:
(1) Closed list requiring membership (some might see this as a Con; I
do)

Cons to maltedmedia:
(1) Closed list requiring membership (some might see this as a Pro, but
I don't)
(2) Not as easily accessible as bit.listserv.coco
(3) Not the "traditional" list (may not mean as much to some)

By enumeration, you might think that I am leaning toward reusing
bit.listserv.coco -- I am.  That's not to say I don't appreciate what
Dennis has done, I'm just questioning whether its time to get back to a
more open and available method of communication.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com
Mobile: (337) 781-3997