[Coco] 3.5" DSDD media availability

James C. Hrubik, Sr. jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 12 16:17:14 EST 2005

Been a while getting around to this, but I distinctly remember that I
did not have a DOS machine early on in my use of the 3.5" DD drive on
the CoCo.  I formatted the HD DOS disks to DD with a Powerbook 150 at
the time, and then used the CoCo to reformat to OS9 since the CoCo
wouldn't do anything with a Mac formatted floppy.

Just to double check, a few minutes ago I threw a HD (IBM format) into
my 6100 with some black electrician's tape over the hole, and the 6100
immediately asked if I wanted to initialize the strange critter.  I
turned it into a Mac DD, then into a DOS DD.  It definitely still
works.  Don't know why it didn't work in New Mexico.

-----Items below rated "R"; parental discretion advised----