[Coco] ?ST ERROR

Aaron Banerjee spam_proof at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 8 09:13:46 EST 2005

  I'm stuck at home with a sick kid today.  Recently, I tried loading some
of my old BASIC games off of 20 year old cassettes (with some success).
Since I had my old grey coco out, I thought I'd have some fun.  Does
anyone have an "innocent" BASIC routine that can produce an ?ST ERROR
(string formula too complex)?  That is, a routine that does this without
using EXEC or USR to simply call the place in ROM that prints "?ST ERROR".
It's the only error I can't seem to produce by natural causes.
  Ok, you can tell that I am bored.
                            - Aaron