[Coco] Loose plastic gears - CGP215 & PC2 Printers

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 21:14:02 EDT 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:43:38 -0400, Rogelio Perea
<os9dude at hotmail.com> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>Both my CGP-215 printer/plotter and the PC2 cassette interface/printer share
>the same mechanics on the printer and both have problems with loose plastic
>gears that impede the printer to complete its sequences and earn its keep.
>No doubt that the vintage of both printers is showing up, as I have
>inspected the little plastic gears and on each, one of the smallest that is
>directly attached to one of the electric motors, has a crack on the gear's
>pit,it is hardly noticeable when the gear is installed on the motor shaft,
>but a close inspection with a good light reveals the shaft metal glimmering
>through the crack. This gear sits rather loose over the motor so when it is
>time to excercise some force to spin the other gears around, the shaft will
>slip and then the whole printer mechanism becomes really confused.
>
>Has anyone had any luck repairing such gears?

Not on gears, but I've used a super glue made specifically for gluing
plastic that most glues don't stick to.  It's made by Loctite and had
a tube of thick super glue and a small bottle of activator in the
package.

Stephen