[Coco] RainbowArchive . The Rainbow Archive Project

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Wed Jun 15 23:37:05 EDT 2005

Lonnie has said that he is willing to give a limited number of "freebies"
as long as the volunteers sign an agreement not to make any copies for
others.  Essentially it breaks down that it's going to be easiest to have
three or four dedicated volunteers that will be scanning or doing post
production.  This is the main reason that I posted my requirements of a
volunteer needing to do work on at the very least a full Volume of
magazines.

I can ask Lonnie about this to clarify if you'd like, but I get the
impression that he wants as few people as possible to be actively working
on the "creating content" portion of the project.

I realize that there are going to be constraints that we will need to work
around, but I do not think that it's unworkable.

Regards,
Mcihael Harwood

> Not distribute to whom? Hopefully within the project (those that have
> received a license to work on this) you can send the work in progress
> around, otherwise I don't see how this collaboration is going to work.
>
> Seems like those that are a party to the agreement would need to be able
> to exchange files.
>
> Perhaps all participants could pay their $36 or whatever now to join the
> project and that would get us each the license.
>
> -- John.

"The best place to be is here,
 the best time to be is now."
             -- Bill and Ted