[Coco] Rainbow Books and other newsletters

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun Jun 12 23:21:59 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 20:05 -0600, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:

> I think that we need to establish a lead for the OCR portion of the
> project - would anyone disagree?  I am going to be focused primarily on
> organizing the initial scans and archival of the initial image files, and
> I think it would be helpful to have someone to step up and run with the
> OCR project. I don't remember anyone volunteering to lead that portion of
> the project, but bear in mind I am still getting things organized and may
> have missed someone - if so please do not be discouraged or insulted!!

I have developed a thick skin participating on various lists. Don't
worry about that :-)

Anyway, consider me one of a few candidates to head the OCR work.

I saw the call, but was letting others step in first. A few people have
made good suggestions, I don't necessarily assume I am the best person
for this job.

I think we have a little time while scanning details and your contract
are worked out. Suffice it to say I have been thinking about how to go
about it, and posting what I've come up with to the list, so I have
taken some steps but the job is still available for now.

-- John.