[Coco] Rainbow on Disc - abuse of the list??

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Jun 10 12:27:40 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 08:48 -0600, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:
> I have a feeling that the deliberations and discussions regarding the
> Rainbow on Disc project are going to be long, and it would behoove us to
> start getting this organized.  I propose we move discussions and
> communication between the persons actively working on the project off the
> coco at maltedmedia.com mailing list, but I do not currently have a place for
> them to move to.  I would be happy to set up a mailing list on my
> domainspace, but it will not be something I can immediately accomplish -
> perhaps by the end of the weekend but no promises.  I personally would
> prefer an online forum - does anyone else have any strong feelings on this
> matter?

I dunno... email is how I manage workflow.  I don't visit *any* forums
at present, but I do follow like 10 or 11 mailing lists.

Unfortunately, practically speaking I probably won't remember to check a
one-off web forum very often, although a separate mailing list is no
issue (but until someone complains, here seems OK to me, more open).

However it would be good to have some webspace to check-in/out files and
maybe to have a webdav calendar we can all subscribe to, and maybe a
news site to subscribe to.

The only email lists I run are on SourceForge which isn't an option for
this project, so some others who know more might be able to volunteer to
run a mailing list when we need one.

-- John.