[Coco] Re: Rainbow on Disc - OCR

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Fri Jun 10 11:32:09 EDT 2005

Scanners are pretty cheap these days, but I have two scanners I can donate
to this project.

One is an HP3200 (parallel/serial) and the other an HP6300 (parallel/USB).

The former works 100% but has limited optical resolution (fine for this
project, though). The latter has developed a slow warmup time and needs to
be kept cool or powered down between scans (a foot pedal worked for me!).
Both come with full dox, software, power supplies and cords, but not cables.

Happy to send them along to anyone who wants them for this project. I'll
split the shipping, and they're yours.

(I'm keeping my old 3-pass scanner because it can do funky effects by
moving objects around between passes, and I've got a new Canon scanner I
like a bunch.)

As for moving this topic off-list, I have no opinion beyond *not* wanting
to be part of yet another list. I've already got nine coming in daily!

Dennis