[Coco] Rainbow on Disc Leadership

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Thu Jun 9 11:39:51 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 08:05 -0600, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:
> Mark please tell me if I misunderstood you, but it sounds to me like
> Cloud-9 is offering to handle distribution, sales, and the accounting of
> sales of the product - and only these duties.  I think that this is great
> and I am appreciative of the offer.  Since this is being offered I vote
> that we move forward with Cloud-9 being the main point for all
> distribution duties.
>
> I think it would be wise to choose some leaders.  My opinion is that we
> should have one (or a at the most a very few) people in charge of making
> decisions for the production of the product as well as organizing all of
> the resources necessary for the project to be a success.  I have long been
> interested in doing this project and would be willing to shoulder the
> burden of leading the production aspects of the project if no one objects.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Michael Harwood

No objections from me on either point. You for production and Cloud-9
for the accounting/distribution/sales (if that's what Mark meant).

My guess is that Lonnie is only going to want to contract with one
entity just to keep things simple. Since Cloud-9 would be responsible
for the accounting, it should probably be them.

Something to consider is how the volunteers will be compensated for
their cost, which is basically destroyed magazines and shipping fees.
One possibility is credit per issue against the final purchase. It would
have to be worked out how much that credit would be. I imagine the
expense would quickly get out of hand if time were covered, so I'd just
figure on covering direct material and shipping, no labor. That's the
volunteer aspect ;-)

-- John.