[Coco] RE: Rainbow magazines]

John Murphy jmurphy at delphiforums.com
Thu Jun 9 09:29:38 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger at pobox.com>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] RE: Rainbow magazines]

> On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 00:41 -0400, John Murphy wrote:

Agreed, re-typesetting is probably outside the scope of this project.

Typically used on out-of-copyright works, yes. Very good point.
When used in support of a project that has the permission of the copyright
owner, I can't see that this would be a problem.

The Distributed Proofer app does, indeed, have controls over who can see
what, etc.

> Anyway, believe me, retypesetting the Rainbow is possible, but not a
> good use of anyone's time. It's a lot of work, and if anyone has that
> kind of time and energy available, I have a whole list of great retro
> computing projects to offload to them ;-)

It may be possible. The whole point is that it distrubutes the work, so that
there is no requirement for "anyONE" to have "that kind of time and energy
available." It might be worth your time to at least look at it.

The "official" site that uses the app is at http://www.pgdp.net . Just for
fun, check it out.