[Coco] [Fwd: RE: Rainbow magazines]

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Wed Jun 8 08:37:46 EDT 2005

My undestanding is that Rainbow ran from July '81 through May '93, and my
calculations brings that to a total of 144 magazines.  I went ahead and
sent an email to Lonnie asking what he is thinking in regards to price and
how he would like it to work.

I did a little research in regards to what other magazines have done for
their CDROM archives and how much they charge.  Dr. Dobbs Journal charges
$99 for a CDROM of over 200 issues, and other magazines I found are along
the lines of $50 for a CDROM of multiple issues.

I currently have 96 Rainbow magazines, with a little over two thirds being
in good shape.  I will post my list within the next couple of days to my
website.  Others have mentioned they would be willing to share for the
process of scanning, and I would be willing to share my Rainbow collection
for this purpose as well as long as an agreement is reached with Lonnie.

Everyone on this list seems to have a different opinion in regards to how
this should be handled, but I pray that we can come to a satisfactory
arrangement with Lonnie that most, if not all, of us can live with.

Regards,
Michael

--
"The best place to be is here,