[Coco] Re: Funkified smoked plastic!

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:53:22 EDT 2005

Kevin Diggs wrote:

> Anybody ever notice how some of the stuff you buy on EBay ... has ...
> an aroma?  And this is stuff that you would not think as being able to
> capture and hold aromas. Like the 2 Atari STs I just got.

Perhaps I had been spared for quite a few years after buying stuff on ebay,
not until two weeks ago or so when I got a Commodore monitor. As soon as I
opened up the shipping box my living room was funkified!, moved outside to
the balcony where I finished unpacking. Then both the box and all packing
materials plus the monitor slept for the whole night on the balcony enjoying
the fresh cool NJ air. To alleviate the living room odor I fire up one of
those incense sticks... worked up pretty well. I left the monitor out for a
good part of the next day and also placed another incense stick on its
holder on top of the monitor... looked like I was doing an ancient ritual
smoking the thing but in the end the smoke odor was gone.

I don't know... I just don't see ebay vendors caring to put over the auction
item's description the working environment their stuff was subject to:
smoked or not smoked ;-)

-=[ Rogelio ]=-