[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Hidden 256-color mode

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 22:36:54 EDT 2005

> > turn it on and disable the other data path.  It even requires a
> reset
> > to disable.  It can't require a lot of chip realestate.  What it
> > translates to on the die who knows.  A register, an and gate or two
> > and a flip-flop could be expensive.
> >

> ****
>
> If they were usig a lookup table to do psuedo color then yes that
> would take up a bit of real estate. On the prototype board is a 512
> byte sram chip. It happens to be located near what appears to be
> the composite video out and sound connectors.

Well... that matches the design document palette but I still don't see
a relationship to the diagram or programmer description.
If the diagram is correct the part wouldn't be needed.
However, to get composite color to match RGB colors wouldn't a lookup
table be usefull?  At least in a prototype?  And removal of that
lookup table to save die space could result in composite and RGB
colors not matching.  Just a thought.  Without tracing the circuit to
see what it's tied into that's just speculation though.

Has anyone done any hi-res scans of the proto front and back so people
could stick their heads together and figure it out?

Yahoo! Groups Links