[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Hidden 256-color mode

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Jul 27 14:37:50 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 05:47:39PM -0000, James Diffendaffer wrote:

> The possibilies I see are:
> yyyyyrgb - 8 colors with 32 levels of intensity
> yyrrggbb - 64 colors with 4 levels of intensity
>
> I think the last one makes the most sense and would be most usefull
> for games.  It still works within the 64 color palette of the CoCo but
> with intensity.

Now, that is an interesting idea...  I wonder if they might have
just hooked the two intensity bits to some video amps that might
then have been left-out of the final board design?  Well, it's an
idea anyway... :-)

I don't suppose there are any unused (or otherwise likely) pins on
the GIME?  Probably not...

John
--
John W. Linville