[Coco] The end of the Hot Coco saga?

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Tue Jul 26 01:18:28 EDT 2005

At 11:13 PM 7/25/2005, you wrote:
>We are lucky with Rainbow that Lonnie knows what he can and cannot do
>legally, and is happy to have people continue to enjoy Rainbow. Too bad
>we can't say the same for IDG and Hot Coco.

My guess is that IDG probably doesn't want to "afford" to investigate the
technicals of this issue.  Instead of looking into what they could make off
of a completely dead magazine, it seems like one person has done the
decision making for the entire company or group holding the rights to the
magazine.

I think a different approach should have been used with less agression to
reach somebody at IDG who has a say in this matter.  Instead of trying to
make it happen so quickly by arguing about the copyright laws, some sort of
sales pitch might have been effective that convinced the right people at
IDG that a completely dead and useless old yellowed magazine is wanted in
electronic form for archival purposes by MANY vintage computer users.

So, since Plan A seems to have failed, maybe Plan B should be a petition
from those many people who have a bigger voice than the person from IDG who
was so quick to shoot down a good idea.

--
Roger Taylor