[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 Question, GCC stuff

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jul 22 18:53:25 EDT 2005

James

While the 6809 does allow the direct page to sit in any 256 byte
block of memory, with OS9 I would be reluctant to allow user
programs to alter the DP register value from that which the OS sets.

Changing the DP register contents on the fly and not resetting them
can cause the OS to do some mighty funny things. One to say at
least is crash.

In embedded situations this can be a nice feature to move the DP
memory within the 64K memeory map. Even then, one has to be
sure that all su broutines and interrupt service routines know of the
change.

james