[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] C-Cubed

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Jul 21 16:27:38 EDT 2005

James

The networking issues will be the more difficult issues. Basically the
compiler resides on a license server. To access a license copy of
the compiler, the user will either have to login with a account an
password or use IP and/or MAC address. IP address works fine for
a company as the server sits behind a firewall and the client
workstations don't change IP addresses daily. MAC addresses work
real fine as that changes only  when the ethernet card changes.

In the case of doing this license server over the internet with IP
addresses will be a nightmare since most ISPs change IP addresses
at least weekly. Some daily. MAC addresses have problems for
those that operate behind firewalls.

james