[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: C-Cubed

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 14:44:33 EDT 2005

> Make would run locally and then run the C Executive for each .c file.
> The C Executive will send the source thru the proprocessor (locally),
> and then it will be compiled remotely. Then assembled and linked
> locally. All in the name of satisfying licensing requirements.
>
> But currently this is all theory. :)

That's definately doable... and has the added advantage of letting you
run a large compiler from a machine with a small footprint.

Wouldn't it be easier to change the stdio module of a compiler so it
worked through the client computer connection rather than building the
preprocessor separate from the compiler???

If you create a replacement lib for the I/O so everything was passed
between the host and client you could make any program that links
through that lib talk to a client.

Yahoo! Groups Links