[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Richard Ramella, author of "Elmer'sArcade", has been found...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jul 20 22:50:41 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 18:15, Torsten Dittel wrote:
>> William Barden Jr has passed on according to a message I got quite
>> some time back that is not on this machine.
>
>This was a hoax.

Oh, thats the first I've heard of that.  He has been discussed at
length here on this list in the past, a couple of times and no one
argued the point on either occasion.

TBE, there has been enough noise made that if anyone on this list knew
better, or knew him & howto get in touch with him, I'm sure he would
have pulled the now classic Samual Clemmens scene on us.  He has not.

Tell ya what, Lonnie may have a lead if someone wants to stir that
pot.  Or we could contact one of his other publishers.  I've got one
or 2 of his books here, but I don't see them on the shelving above me
ATM.  Ahh, yes, Color Computer Assembly Language Programming,
published by Radio Shack themselves and so RS authentic it doesn't
even have an ISBN number.  Just the RS order number of 62-2077.

However, the inside preface page 2 does have some other names,
mentions Kathleen and Larry Wilke, and Jean and Kelly Damp, as Aunts
and Uncles, so there are 4 more names that might be google'd for in
an attempt to trace.  Bear in mind this was 22 years ago though.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)