[Coco] C-Cubed

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 17:19:57 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 13:54 -0700, tim lindner wrote:
> Boisy G. Pitre <boisy at boisypitre.com> wrote:
>
> > 2. Most of the compiler is now going to be free or open source code.
> > The only two components that aren't are the compiler and optimizer.
>
> That's a bit optimistic! I would say the compiler and optimizer
> constitute "most" of the compiler. Not the other way around. :)

Hmmm. I tend to agree.

But practically, coco programs are so small, and modern computers so
fast, maybe the world only needs approximately one instance of the
C-cubed anywhere at any given time.

Reminds me of one of my employers reminiscing about his Fortran
programming in the school computer lab... you'd get your punched cards
ready, raise your hand and shout "I'm compiling!"

But here the compile happens like an HTTP PUT/GET or something... no
need to raise your hand or yell.

-- John.