[Coco] [Color Computer] More news on Hot Coco

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Jul 19 22:35:19 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 20:11 -0600, Michael Wayne Harwood wrote:

> Just as a FYI - I am not getting distracted from the Rainbow project and
> have no intentions of attempting to do TWO archival projects
> simultaneously (three if you count the Color Computer Magazine as well).
> However, since I have their ear I might as well see what they have to say.

Might be interesting to know what their position is on copyrights for
the advertisements. Even if we could gather all the permissions for the
articles (unlikely) would we have to remove the ads? Then there's IDG
copyright on the magazine issues themselves. Would we have to republish
the articles (i.e. sans the layout, etc. that the magazine provided).

In any event, it would be cool to get some of the HotCoco stuff on the
web with copyright holders permission even if IDG is apathetically
letting this historical material remain largely inaccessible.

I would help reformat a few articles here and there if people come
forward as Robert Gault has.

More and more I am seeing Neil's point about asking for forgiveness
instead of permission. I really wish Congreff would inject some sanity
into this and deal with orphaned works in a sane way.

-- John.