[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: CoCo C Math Libraries

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Tue Jul 19 18:55:38 EDT 2005

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:42:53 -0500
"Boisy G. Pitre" <boisy at boisypitre.com> wrote:

> > C'mon, Boisy. He's giving of his free time to fill a need in the
> > CoCo community.
>
> Mannequin,
>
> I'm all for that, really.  If he can do half of what he claims he
> can, then we're in for some great software.

I'm happy to hear it.

> > The least you can do is cut the insults. Talk about calling the
> > kettle black.
>
> I have no idea what you're inferring.  Can you elaborate?

> ... for a big talker like yourself ...
> Keep it up and you just might prove some of us wrong.

I consider those more as insults than I do anything else. I know you two (+
anyone else from Cloud9) haven't been on good terms since the huge discussion
about parts and cost, etc., but the least we can do, without any proof of his
work, is give him the benefit of the doubt. Cheer him on, or ask questions
without the above additions.

I figure that if we give more cheers rather than jeers to the people that are
working on software / hardware for the CoCo (like yourself,) that there will be
more incentive to keep on working on such a project as the ANSI C compiler, or a
new 1337 board with NitrOS-9 software to support it. (That sentence must be a
little bit of hell for editors all over the English speaking world...)

I just guessed that you, out of a lot of people on this list, would understand
what I'm saying here about praise. It just surprised me to see what you wrote.

-M.