[Coco] OT: Mmmm... Beer! (was: SDCC vs GCC 4.0 revisited...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Jul 19 17:17:04 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that Gene Heskett may have mentioned these words:
>On Tuesday 19 July 2005 14:42, James Diffendaffer wrote:
> >
> >I need a beer.
> >
>Try a Rolling Rock Green Lite James, its quite lo-cal, and tastier
>than one normally expects from a 'lite' beer....

I dunno about lo-cal (I don't bother reading labels), but Sam Adams Lite is
the only lite beer that can be exported to Germany, despite Reinheitsgebot.
Much more flavor than any other lite beer I've ever had (most of which I
despise since being to Germany in '91 - I've had a rather... ummm...
"continental" preference to beer since then) and "more tolerable" to those
who prefer a more "american lager" style of beer than standard Sam Adams.

Word of warning: That ain't no "Born On date" on the label, it's an
expiration mark (just like they do in Germany), and most shopkeepers don't
know how to read it correctly here in the US.

[[ BTW, my fave is Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, a smooth, fruity concoction
which I find quite pleasing -- I consider it "comfort food." ;-) ]]

>The weight is also sliding off slowly, the
>nearly 200 I weighed a year ago is now just under 170!

Well, I started at 186 7 weeks ago, now down to 178 and dropping...

>It also has a tolerable price.

Life's too short to drink cheap beer. ;^>  When my faves get too expensive,
then I'll make more time to kick in my latent homebrew hobby.

Laterz,
"Merch"

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
  _±±_                          zmerch at 30below.com
(©||®)  If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
  _)(_   disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.