[Coco] [Color Computer] Requesting .pdf help...

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Mon Jul 18 13:32:45 EDT 2005

No - I have been scanning at 24bit color and then using a scripted process
to clean up the images regardless of whether they are color or "black and
white".  The results I have achieved with this method are far better than my
experiences scanning at 8bit color or grayscale.  I use the options in my
scanning software to optimize the images when scanned, so there is not a
whole lot of noise to begin with, although yellowing was an issue at first.

Many of the "black and white" pages have a lot of half-toned areas that look
better scanned at 24bit - I have seen moiré patterns show up at 300ppi 8bit
that don't when scanning at 300ppi 24bit.  The scripts I use to "clean" the
scanned images remove most of the "noise" (page yellowing, paper grain, etc)
picked by the scanning process.  You can assume the images I am attempting
to turn into .pdfs are fairly noise free.

Regards,
Michael Harwood