[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: USB

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 02:19:38 EDT 2005

Just an FYI... I post/read through Yahoo and to see replies that
aren't posted there I have to look at the malted media list, cut text,
past, repeat... and I don't always read the malted list.

To answer James Daggett's question... yes I'm using the Cypress chip
but I want to use the socketed part.  That means PLCC.  If I screw up
and ruin the chip I don't need to resolder everything on the proto.  I
can also test voltages on the socket pins and if all goes well the
chip can be moved to a final printed board... saving me a few bucks
which is never bad.
The SL811HS is the chip that won't arrive till the date I posted.

DO NOT TRY TO USE THE SL811S! It's a slave mode only version.  That's
ok for an MP3 player or printer but this needs the HS (Host/Slave)
chip!  That's also why the S version of the chip is cheaper... less on
the inside.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "James Diffendaffer"
<jdiffendaffer at y...> wrote:
> Thanks for the info James.
>
> FYI, the USB chip I need won't be available for at least a month.
>
> --- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "James Diffendaffer"
> <jdiffendaffer at y...> wrote:
> > Ok, no more DjVu...... no more DjVu. (now *that* is humor impared)
> >
> > So, now that you got me started looking at it again...
> > I need to know what address the other James' USB is going to be
> > addressed at.  There's no point in using different addresses since
> > it's the same USB chip.  Once I know the address I'll draw up a
> > diagram and make a parts list.
> >
> > I could just pick one, I know where the usual CoCo devices are mapped
> > but I don't know about what Cloud 9 is using.
> >
> > As for inexpensive... well, that depends on the price of the USB chip.
> >  There are only three other chips (depending on address) and they are
> > all cheap.  The local rep just asks me how many thousand do I want and
> > he never did give me pricing for a couple chips.  I'll see if I can
> > get chips from the guys doing the Atari version.
> >

> > --- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Boisy G. Pitre" <boisy at b...>
> wrote:
> > > James,
> > >
> > > How's that inexpensive USB adapter for the CoCo coming along these
> days?
> > >
> > > Boisy

Yahoo! Groups Links