[Coco][Color Computer] .djvu vs .pdf revisited

Mark Anderson rammdesign at msn.com
Wed Jul 13 14:30:55 EDT 2005

I agree with you Neil.  ABBYY does a fine job with the "text under image".
As I pointed out earlier in a previous post, check out test1.djvu that
Michael posted.  I like the capability to go into all B&W mode or to isolate
the foreground and background with the view options of the Lizardtech djvu
viewer.  This unfortunately, is not available in any PDF viewer that I am
aware of.  I think it is native to the djvu format since that is part of the
djvu technology, separating the text from the background, from what I
gather, it does automatically.