[Coco] MW 6809 Cross Compiler

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Jul 12 18:01:25 EDT 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 4:54 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> At 04:49 PM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
>

>> On 12-Jul-05, at 12:59 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
>>

>>> With Windows also being used by many 6809 developers, what are the
>>> odds of this C compiler set being ported?  This would let Portal-9
>>> users develop in C as well as raw assembly.  Nothing has turned up
>>> yet or at least noone has reported any Win32-based C compiler that
>>> outputs EDTASM-friendly source code or anything close.
>>>

>> If it ports to the Mac and Linux, odds are it'll work on Windows as
>> well, after a recompile.
>>

> Unerstandable, but since Boisy has the source code I would guess
> that he would be the guy to bring us this compiler. :)

With MinGW, the compiler should port fairly easy.  Testing would be
required to insure that any issues with endianness are addressed.
But it should be fairly easy to adapt this compiler to RS-DOS,
assuming we could find the source code to rlink.

Allen Huffman has a large box of 5.25" and 8" diskettes that
Microware was going throw away.  These disks contain all sorts of old
6809 source code, including rma and rlink, I'm sure.  Myself,
including others, have asked Allen multiple times to please ship the
box of disks to Tim Lindner, who has secured an 8" drive to read the
old disks.   Tim is ready to archive the contents of all the disks,
but Allen has yet to send them.

I would encourage everyone to email alsplace at pobox.com with the
subject "Please send the box of diskettes to Tim Lindner" in the
subject.

Boisy