[Color Computer] [coco] Double, triple and quadruple postings..

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Tue Jul 12 16:12:29 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that George Ramsower may have mentioned these words:
>   How does this happen?

The list software for Yahoo adds the yahoogroups.com address in the
reply-to, and the list software for MaltedMedia *also* adds it's email
address into the reply-to header; this is how it was shown on that email:

         CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>

So folks that click 'reply' and don't remove one of the email addresses, it
gets sent both to Yahoo and MaltedMedia, but the Yahoo is gatewayed *to*
MaltedMedia, so anyone subbed to the MaltedMedia list gets 2 copies of the
email.

>   What causes it?
>   I haven't tried to brain-work this one, so excuse my ignorance. It's just
>that at times, it works fine and then all heck! breaks loose.

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |