[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] why you should stick with pdf

proteanthread at yahoo.com proteanthread at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 15:22:07 EDT 2005

I would have to agree with John on this; Even though jpg is a "new"
standard compared to gif, gif as a standard is still around and still
widely used, it just means that you have to pay royalty fees to
whomever owns the gif format now; pdf is beyond that, i don't see adobe
asking for royalty fees everytime someone publishes a document in pdf
format.  Given the amount of documents already in pdf format, it will
be around for a very very long time.  At this point I doubt djvu will
catch on (it may or may not) as pdf has.

Woodzy
http://www.rtdos.com