[Coco] Keyboard

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 11:23:20 EDT 2005

Look carefully at the keyboard connector ribbon to see if there are any
breaks in the
embedded traces leading to the connector.
I found a cut across one of them in a coco-1 years ago, as if a box cutter
had been used
to open a box of keyboards before installation into the coco. After a few
years of use, one
or more of the traces did open up, but I didn't try to fix it because I had
just decided to buy
a coco-2.

However, perhaps if a cut is the problem, try using some nickel print or
conductive paint
to regain contact. As I haven't tried this specifically on a coco kb, can't
say how effective
this might be (seems the plastic coating covering the traces would need to
be carefully
scraped away to expose both sides of the break).

-ph