[Color Computer] [coco] software modem for OS-9

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 03:51:20 EDT 2005

Actually, I think there is a design for this type of RS232 interface
in one of the old TRS80 Magazines (80 US Journal or 80 Micro? Not sure
what issue).  The parts appear to adjust the analog signal levels but
nothing else so the parts *should* be available and cheap.  Since it
deals with analog signals and the Model 1 and CoCo both interface to
the same tape drives the circuit should work.  It would probably work
with any similar tape interface for that matter.

That doesn't eliminate the problems with bit banger ports and OS-9.
 The timing loops are a PITA and VERY sensitive to any code changes.
Interrupts have to be disabled and a task switch would really break it.

If I remember right a "Kansas City Interface" is just a tape interface
and is *similar* to what is already in the computer.  I think it goes
goes from RS232 to tape but I haven't read about that in years.

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "Stephen H. Fischer"