[Coco] Re: CoCo magazine project

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Jul 9 21:11:51 EDT 2005

The level of OCR that is planned is just a rough pass with little or no
corrections to make raw ascii files, one file per issue. All automated.
It will give us pretty good searchability for a few hours work. It will
take almost no space on the disks compared to the PDFs.

As far as ignoring Linux and BSD users, I'd advise against that. I
wonder how #'s of Mac users compare to #'s of Linux users in the coco
community. I'd guess the numbers are close, but who knows.

But perhaps they are the same people in some cases, which make the count
hard to interpret. I haven't been able to figure out how Linux users end
up on Mac... that means they want open code but are willing to be tied
to a proprietary platform... hmmm.

-- John.