[Coco] $0.25 per what ?

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Fri Jul 8 16:22:11 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that John R. Hogerhuis may have mentioned these words:
>On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 12:17 -0700, rtdos at yahoogroups.com wrote:
> > is that 25 cents per issue sold or per issue scanned?
>
>Neither. It's per issue of each magazine on each disk redistributed by
>the licensee (Michael), whether he sells it or not.
>
>Anybody who Michael distributes to, that redistributes scanned magazines
>would be infringing Lonnie or Falsoft's copyright. And it seems Michael
>has some kind of duty to do what he can to prevent infringement and/or
>notify the licensor.

Legally, yes, I think it would be on Michael's shoulders; however, I think
morally it would be up to *all of us* to report it any infringement
activity to Michael and/or Lonnie (and any vehicle of infringement -- e.g.
ePay.).

If you want to see good examples of a community self-policing themselves,
look at the Ham Radio community and the TiVo hacking community.

I really think it can be done effectively, but we'll all have to be vigilant.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson