[Coco] nitrOS-9 documentation

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Jul 5 07:03:27 EDT 2005

Frank,

The only documentation for NitrOS-9 consists of the two links on the
www.nitros9.org website "Getting Started with NitrOS-9" and "The
NitrOS-9 Level 2 Windowing System", as well as the original Tandy
OS-9 Level I and Level II Manuals.    The former should be read by
anyone new to NitrOS-9.

I've been having the "NitrOS-9 Technical Reference" in a partial
state for some time now, but commitments have prevented me from
continuing work on it.  That particular manual probably wouldn't have
helped you in your situation anyway though.  It also happens to be
one of the largest in the series.

I've found that between the existing NitrOS-9 documentation and the
Cloud-9 documentation that comes with our products, most issues can
be solved.  Granted, there are some that aren't, and solving them
must come through perseverance and experience.  And of course, forums
like this are helpful too.

What is needed is a suite of comprehensive manuals that totally
replace the existing OS-9 documentation in terms of both breadth and
depth.  I've worked on that for some time, and the result so far is
the two manuals already up on the www.nitros9.org website.  When the
rest will be done, I truly cannot say.

Boisy